This summer has been a scorcher 😅!! To beat the heat, we have gone a little crazy turning our favourite hot tea blends into cold brews (some successfully, and others we prefer not to ever try again). Jigawa, our rooibos-hibiscus blend is truly the gift that keeps on giving - it is fantastic hot, but as an iced beverage? Forgive us for tooting our own horn - but wow!
We would be doing a disservice to our customers if we didn’t share this with you, so here is our gift to you: a Jigawa iced tea recipe!
Fun Fact - Our Jigawa blend was inspired by a favourite Nigerian beverage, Zobo.
- Jigawa - Rooibos hibiscus blend
- Nile measuring spoon
- 6 Nile spoonfuls of Jigawa
- 6 cups of water (2 cups of this should be cold water)l
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or your sweetener of choice)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Scoop 6 Nile spoonfuls of Jigawa directly into the infuser.
- Place the infuser into a mug and pour boiled water over it. Allow it to steep for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in honey until dissolved.
- In a large pitcher, combine 2 cups of cold water with the tea mixture. Stir well.
- Serve over ice with mint leaves.